During the recording of Part 1, Perci Garner joined us in studio to observe the recording and hear the message from the mental health specialists. After the session ended, Perci began asking excellent questions that we wanted to share with the community. He graciously agreed to jump on the microphone and share his experiences with mental health related to life and the pressures of performing at the highest level in athletics.
Perci Garner is a Dover native who played football and baseball at Dover High School before playing college ball at Ball State. He eventually took the mound for the Cleveland Indians, achieving a lifelong dream that continues to inspire the dreams of countless youth in our community.
Mental illness affects each and every one of us, and yet it remains a greatly misunderstood illness. Tune into this episode as Perci Garner discusses mental health with specialists from different resources in Tuscarawas County.
- Natalie Bollon - Executive Director at the ADAMHS Board of Tuscarawas and Carroll Counties
- Tim Wicks - Supervising Counselor at Personal Family Counseling Services
- Miles Riley - Director of Marketing and Fundraising at Community Mental Healthcare
Learn about the many different mental health resources available in our community. These mental health specialists explain where people can go and who they can consult regarding mental health.
LISTEN BACK! If you missed Part 1 of this 2-part series, listen to the first episode. Perci jumps into the conversation right where the previous episode ended, so make sure you listen to understand the full context of the conversation.
Thanks to our guests and to ALL the mental health specialists in our community!
- ADAMHS Board of Tuscarawas and Carroll Counties - www.adamhtc.org
- Personal Family Counseling Services - www.personal-family-counseling.com
- Community Mental Healthcare - www.cmhdover.org
As always, visit www.adctusc.org for all your information about the Coalition and different types of drug use.
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Please help support the show at glow.fm/adctusc